Charles Soderlund wrote:

> My husband has been taking 2 carbidopa Levo every four hours for about 21
> months for Parkinsons.  About seven weeks ago he contracted Shingles and was
> given 2 Famvir 250 mg 3 times a day for seven days, along with 1 Cimetidine
> 400 mg 2 times a day, and Desoxametasone cream for the sores. After seven
> weeks he still has some infection, some nerve end are very painful, and he
> feels tired more than usual. Has anyone had any experience with PD and
> Shingles and do you have any suggestions?  Thank you

Two years ago Fuad also had a bad case of shingles.  He had it on his
head.  It lasted for about three monthes and took a second herpes drug
to completely rid him of it.  It took several months to get back his
strength.

Even with that, the doctors office said we were lucky, that some people
take as long as a year to clear.

Barb CG for Fuad 60/diag 3+