Joseph:  I was diagnosed with early Parkinson's in Jan. 1988 and participated
in the DATATOP (Deprenyl and Tocopherol Therapy of Parkinson's) study at the
University of Virginia.  Great study except I was one of those given the
placebo for over a year.
To make this a short story, I was given Deprenyl after the study and believe
it did slow down the progression.  I was later given Sinemet 25/100 3x a day
w/Deprenyl 2x a day.  In 1992 I was also given Parlodol (Bromocriptine) and
had a very unusual reaction/side effect,  I began to notice that I was often
confused and was experiencing memory problems.  I had a crazy thought that
maybe I was developing symptoms of Alzheimer's.  I may not have realized what
was happening except I was working on my second masters and was in the middle
of exams.  There was some humor in the experience, after I discovered the
actual problem..  When someone asked:  "What's wrong?" (regarding my
confusion), I would reply: "I can't remember." and "Worst than that...I can't
remember that I can't remember."    Most don't experience this, but I have
heard of others.  Hope this helps someone.  Welcome back on the list.
   Rudy West   [log in to unmask]