There have been several postings recently discussing PWP & GI tract problems,
specifically the passage of Sinemet CR.  As a long term therapy for GI
problems may I suggest Chi Kung (Qigong) exercises.

Chi Kung exercises are related to T'ai Chi.  However they focus on
breathing and internal organs more than movement.  A set of Chi Kung
exercises that I practice is called "Eight Pieces of Brocade."  Among other
things, it has the effect of
what has been called "massaging the internal organs."  The "Brocade"
exercises will help keep things moving through the GI tract at the proper
rate.  I think that one of the reasons Sinemet CR works well for me is
because I practice
Chi Kung & T'ai Chi on a daily basis. (I do a set of exercises both in the
morning and at night.)

I would suggest that you find a qualified instructor for either Chi Kung or
Tai Chi, rather than trying to learn it through books or tapes.  As with
any alternative medical therapy, I would advise a rational evaluation of
any claims. One source that I would recommend is "Qi" The Journal of
Traditional Eastern Health & Fitness.  This quarterly publication contains
a list of Qi Professionals.  They also have a catalog of books, tapes, and
other items.  Their address is Insight Publishing, P.O. Box 18476, Anaheim
Hills CA 92817 USA.
(I have no relationship with this business, except that I read the Journal
at my T'ai Chi instructors recommendation. I buy it at a local magazine
stand.)

Sincerely, Charley Countryman (46/6)  [log in to unmask]