Heather Elizabeth Baird wrote:

> Like, as I explained before, just take a SCotch, and dream that
> you are in the Chat place, eh?  I have been a sysop for 12 years,
> and believe you me, it is so complicated, even I can not figure
> it out.  There are, evidently, no teachers here, that is, a live
> person who can explain, point by point, the steps we have to take
> to get to the 'chat' place in Cyberspace!
> Billy Baird ([log in to unmask])

I beg your pardon,

I am very new to the web.  I have been on it only a year.  I joined this
list almost immediately when I found it.  The first time that the chat
channel was mentioned I ventured out and did what Marvin Giles
instructed the list to do.  I located Mirc and downloaded it.  I
installed it.  Then I slowly found the undernet and finally logged on.
I went to #Parkinsons and found there a group of "WONDERFUL" caring
human beings.  They share equally with each and every fellow human being
that comes to the channel.

Everyone helps each other learn and we do learn how to get around.  We
discuss current events, TV showes, Parkinsons Disease, our families, our
hardships during the day, and if you can't sleep there is always someone
else that couldn't sleep either.  Some of our best conversations have
been at 2 o'clock in the morning.

Then there are the play times.  We like to listen to music, yes music on
the channel (if you have a sound card), we make colorful pictures and
banners.  We even have fireworks.  Oh, and another point that I have not
brought out is that this channel "extended family" reaches completely
around the world.

There are members from Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, Manila, and oh yes
that "Little Island" of Australia.  Talk about a working United Nations,
we have found that this whole wide world is made up of human beings with
feelings and fears, just like you and I.

I don't think that it is too difficult to get to the channel, but if it
is a struggle, it is worth it.  If you don't want to chat, fine, but
don't discourage others.  Any one, ANY ONE, who wants to join us can and
will get as much help as humanly possible.  So if you want to come and
the email instructions are confusing, send me an email and one of us
will get you through.

MotherHen