>Well, Fred, that is his name is 65/15 with sever dementia and
>hallucinations. He has no dyskenisia's or tremors to speak of. He
>does have rigidity, and balance problems like we all have.  His
>medication schedule is approx. 6 25/100, 2 - 3 CR, 1 dprenyl, max
>out on permax, and clozaril for his hallucinations.  His neuro. is
>a doctor very well respected in the PD field, as a matter of fact
>is head of a movement disorder clinic. I just had a call from his
>wife saying that Fred had a very bad day. He was hallucinating
>that there was a group of people out his backyard today and that
>he even lowered the window to talk to them. Well there was nobody
>crazy enough to be oustide his window during a Rain/Snow storm
>that we had today. He is not taking any anti-depresents like
>Paxil, Zoloft ect. because it would have adverse reaction to
>clozril. To compound matters, Fred is a retired OB/GYN MD.

Dad (77/~3) had severe hallucinations when he was on Sinemet and
Parlodel. His experience (seeing a lot of people who weren't there)
was similar. He thought he saw them in the house, and they were
real enough that he wanted to call the police.

Another time, he thought a fireman came into the house to warn
everyone to take shelter from a storm. He was in bed at the time,
and he finally called the local police to see whether this was real.
(The fact that there had been high wind or tornado watches
earlier in the day probably made his experience more believable
to him.)

He was on 5.5 Sinemet (25/100, I think) and nine Parlodel a day at
the time, plus one Zoloft before bed.

His doctor thinks he really has microvascular disease (Binswangers?),
but a CAT scan did not show any evidence of this.* I've been
unsuccessful
in persuading the doctor to order an MRI (which he said he wanted
to do a while ago) or a PET scan.

* Also, risk factors for Binswanger's include diabetes and high blood
pressure, and Dad has neither.

                                                  -Bill