Charles:

I can't say anything about PD and shingles but
shingles can be cured by taking large doses
of the amino acid L-lysine.

L-lysine is available anywhere you buy over the counter
vitamines and minerals.

Start by taking one 1,000 mg tablet every hour. If that does
not alleviate the symptoms up the dosage or time interval.

>From what I have read, the herpes symplex which causes
chicken pox, mononucleosis, cold sores and shingles
can not exist in an environment high in l-lysine.

Give it a try. It can't do any harm.

Carol Brow
Lake Leelanau, MI
Winter Haven, FL

On Sun, 13 Apr 1997 17:47:11 -0400 Charles Soderlund
<[log in to unmask]> writes:
>My husband has been taking 2 carbidopa Levo every four hours for about
>21
>months for Parkinsons.  About seven weeks ago he contracted Shingles
>and was
>given 2 Famvir 250 mg 3 times a day for seven days, along with 1
>Cimetidine
>400 mg 2 times a day, and Desoxametasone cream for the sores. After
>seven
>weeks he still has some infection, some nerve end are very painful,
>and he
>feels tired more than usual. Has anyone had any experience with PD and
>Shingles and do you have any suggestions?  Thank you

--IAA28863.861020873/x1.boston.juno.com--

--OAA05124.861044023/x1.boston.juno.com--