On Sat 19 Apr, M E SANFORD wrote:
> BRIAN    I DON'T AGREE W/YOU....
> I HAVE TAKEN ELDEPRYL SINCE DIAGNOSED DEC 94  AND IT ONLY CAUSES
> INSOMNIA IF I TAKE IT LATER THAN 3:30 PM.  THE SINEMET - FOR ME- CAUSED
> NAUSEAU & A "WEIRD" FEELING THAT I DIDN'T LIKE. ALSO IT DIDN'T "DO
> ANYTHING FOR ME" SO WHY TAKE IT?    PD IS SO INDIVIDUALIZED THAAT EVEN
> THE DOCTORS DON'T KNOW WHAT THE DRUGS WILL DO IN A GIVEN CASE.
>
> MARY E SANFORD

Hello Mary, you are right about the possibility of nausea caused by Sinemet.
Only a fairly small percentage of PWPs suffer from this, but I should have
listed it as a genuine side effect.

I won't argue about 3:30 pm and Mid-day - The point is that Eldepryl can cause
some pretty weird dreams, T stopped taking it because of those side effects.

The whole point of my case is that when PD has progressed for a few years, NONE of the Dopamine agonists can compete with Sinemet for effectiveness. Unless some
wonder-drug appears, you wil quite simply have to cope with levodopa. It is
really not difficult, the nausea can be overcome quite simply.
Regards,
--
Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>