At 09:37 PM 4/18/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Yes, I will have to agree with you, thanks for putting me
>straight.  After all, our children will inherit more wealth then
>any previous generation, so leaving them a little debt should not
>hurt all that much.  Does anyone have any figures on how much
>debt we are leaving them compared to how much wealth they will
>inherit from us as a comparison?
>Billy Baird ([log in to unmask])

Billy,

It should be a "wash."  They will inherit both ends of our i.o.u.'s.  The money
debt will be owned by our descendents.  Our descendents will owe the money debt.

Your descendents may owe money to my descendents, or vice-versa. The more
important items are not measured in money. We can leave them the knowledge and
skills developed in our time period which, combined with the knowledge we
inherited
from our ancestors, will lead to better lives for them and their descendents.

Research dollars are not just for us. They can be for us and the millions who
follow us.

Will
And here's to long "ons" and short "offs"

WILL JOHNSTON   4049 OAKLAND SCHOOL ROAD
                SALISBURY, MD 21804-2716
                410-543-0110
Pres A.P.D.A.  DelMarVa Chapter