Hi, Brian, et al,

The worst side effect my husband (65/.25) has had from Sinemet CR is terrible
diarrhea.  We have tried everything and nothing helps.  Tonight he is
drinking water with brown rice boiled in it (and eating the rice) -- a remedy
recommended in a book someone on this list suggested (a remedy not specific
to Sinemet CR).  He is having such a bad time I'm concerned about his
intestinal tract.  The Eldepryl seems to be causing him no trouble at all.
 But we will be calling the dr. on Tues. (mon. is a holiday here) to insist
that the Sinemet CR be stopped at once.  Someone (maybe our pharmacist) said
regular Sinemet is not as hard on the tract.

I telephoned Dupont, the Sinemet mfr., and they wrote up an "adverse effect"
report.  For all the good that will do.

Just thought I'd get my two cents' worth in here.  Thanks for listening.

Delda White