On Sun 20 Apr, Delda White wrote:
> Hi, Brian, et al,
>
> The worst side effect my husband (65/.25) has had from Sinemet CR is terrible
> diarrhea.  We have tried everything and nothing helps.  Tonight he is
> drinking water with brown rice boiled in it (and eating the rice) -- a remedy
> recommended in a book someone on this list suggested (a remedy not specific
> to Sinemet CR).  He is having such a bad time I'm concerned about his
> intestinal tract.  The Eldepryl seems to be causing him no trouble at all.
>  But we will be calling the dr. on Tues. (mon. is a holiday here) to insist
> that the Sinemet CR be stopped at once.  Someone (maybe our pharmacist) said
> regular Sinemet is not as hard on the tract.
>
> I telephoned Dupont, the Sinemet mfr., and they wrote up an "adverse effect"
> report.  For all the good that will do.
>
> Just thought I'd get my two cents' worth in here.  Thanks for listening.
>
> Delda White

Good grief Zelda, don't wait until Tuesday, stop the CR tablets RIGHT NOW !!
(I assume that you have some of whatever he was using before (Or was it just
Eldepryl ?  In any case, this is such a strange effect that you need to
establish for sure that it is the Sinemet CR that is to blame, and not some
bug that he picked up by coincidence. I hope your husband gets better soon.
Regards
--
Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>