Bob Leet <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

snip <<< he's managing PD with one sinemet cr (50/200) 3x
daily; i.e. 6AM, noon, and 10PM.  He will also occasionally take a
sinemet
10/100 on a real bad day, or on a day when he needs an extra boost (like
holidays or while travelling). He tries to limit taking the extra
sinemet to
no more than once or twice a week, but will sometimes go a couple weeks
w/out.  He gets up early and will usually work out in the garage until
early
afternoon - after that he's usually too stiff to continue.  The garage
is
now really a workshop - he just finished building an elaborate array of
shelves, tables and drawers - and just put in a new bandsaw, planer and
jointer with their tax refund.  He's been working with wood all his
life,
but because of us kids he never had enough money to put together a
decent
shop.  Now he is "ready to take orders" from us kids and friends.  When
think of his forward moving - damn the PD - full speed ahead attitude it
brings tears to my eyes.  Not pity - pride.
snip
Questions:
1) Itching all over can be a real problem sometimes.  He's convinced it
has
something to do w/ PD or meds or both.  He's tried Eucerin, Aveeno,
Tinactin, Cortisone-5 cream, and Goldbond powder.  Only Goldbond seems
offer any relief. Any suggestions?
2) What are the ups and downs of becoming a research participant.  He is
excited about GPI-1046 and has no idea how to find out who to contact to
express interest.  Would he have to surrender his normal meds?
Insurance
and expense issues are also a concern.>>>>>

Bob,  The first comment I will make is that sinemet CR 50/200 at 6 and
noon will be most efffective from about 7:30 to 11:30 and about 1 to 5:
then, there is a long wait until 10 PM.

2nd, the attitude Don has is just right imo.

Itching has not been frequently mentioned.  I have skin problems that
have rashy red spots that are worsened by solanacea (potatoes, tomatoes,
peppers, etc) and somewhat by strawberries and chocolate.  Itching,
sore, touchy, flaky thinning skin and sun-sensitivity.  Believe my
problems started many years ago when I overdid the eating of fresh
tomatoes and peppers for a month that resulted in a rash over my whole
back that seemed to go down my arms and also was affectig my ankles for
some time.

May be some allergy to certain wood dusts is part of what I have noted a
time or two when I did sanding.  Or solvents and adhesive solvents or
chemicals.

As to trying the potential GPI-1046, I doubt that humans will not get
involved in testing before 5 years from now.
best wishes. visit my home page for some more about medicating with
levodopa. URL is bottom signature line.
--
ron      1936, dz PD 1984  Ridgecrest, California
Ronald F. Vetter <[log in to unmask]>