I have been a touch pre-occupied for the last three weeks
so missed the start of this thread. Consequently I may be
wrong in interpreting the following as an argument for not
spending money on PD research.

>  I am sorry, but I fail to see why we also
> get to leave much debt to our children and grandchildren when
> this has not happened in previous generations.  Presently, we
> want to spend much monies on the treatment of Parkinsons.  In the
> past, we spent much monies on the treatment of such things like
> Polio and Diabetes and Smallpox.  If there was no limit as to how
> much money we could spend on research, we would probably have a
> cure for everything, even the common cold.  Money, however, is
> not limitless.

Money is indeed not limitless. It is however callously, and wantonly
missspent. If every nation in the world devoted a fraction of what it
spent on armaments, to medical research and the facilities (hospitals
etc) in which to apply the results we would be living in a sane world.
As it is perhaps we should look on every dollar wrested from govt for
medical research as a dollar they can't waste on landmines etc.
The truth of the matter is that there is even less 'right mindedness'
than money.  If we can't contribute money let's at least contribute
a sense of priority.

Dennis.

Dennis Greene 47/10