A footnote to Jim Cordy's message about our upcoming Washington trip: this
will be my second trip
to DC and the first time that my husband, Martin, will join the grassroots
lobbying effort.
I know that the attitude of members' staff is measurably different when they
learn that:
1/you are a constituent or, 2/ you are representing a number of people
regarding an issue
that they have heard about. It is comforting to hear, "oh, you are with the
Udall group.
Yes, we've received calls and letters regarding the Parkinson's bill".

I promise to be uncharacteristically "forward" in our approach to members
with whom we could
not get appointments-because we are NOT constituents! We will be ready to
give our message
to anyone who listens. Material will be left for the aides to pour over and
make recommendations
to their bosses. We'll walk the walk and talk the talk -- BUT, we need you
to smooth the way!

Phone calls from you/family/friends can alert the aides that "family"
members will be dropping
by to convey your personal wish about the passage of the Udall bill this
year. Tell them that
you would be there to lobby in person if your circumstances permitted it.
And, yes, we are
family -- all of us on this list and around the world suffering, waiting and
hoping.
We've shared the BAD, now let's pool our resources and take steps to share
the GOOD.
Don't just wish us luck and a safe journey, call your congress-person and
ask for the
wecome mat to be put out.
Let me give you that number again, 800-962-3514

Margaret

Margaret Tuchman (55yrs, Dx 1980)- NJ-08540