Howdy all!  Just got my diagnosis on April 1 (quite an April Fool's joke,
eh?), and I'm scurrying as quickly as I can to gather info on what to do and
what to expect.  I'm a 51 y/o, single male in good health (except for that
extra 15 pounds I continue to not lose! <g>).  As I'm sure you know, I'm
going through all of the predictable emotional swings as I deal with this
reality.  I'm trying to find that spot between surrender and denial that will
help me navigate the waters ahead, whatever they have in store.

My challenge right now is to determine whether I should commence medication,
and, if so, which ones to take.  My symptoms so far are rigidity in my right
hand and arm (I'm doing a pretty good job of hunt and peck, eh?), and a bit
of numbness in my lower right leg.  As you might suspect I'm right-handed.  I
am beginning to have trouble with buttoning things, etc., and I have long
since lost my ability to write well.  As of now, I am not experiencing
tremors.

I've done lots of reading about the relative effectiveness and the
longer-term complications of certain drugs, especially levodopa, and am
convinced there's no absolutely right choice.  But I'd appreciate any counsel
you might offer regarding:
        1.  Should I start drugs now or wait until it's absolutely necessary?
        2.  What should I look for in a neurologist to ensure I'm getting the best
advice?
        3.  Do CoQ/Antioxidant capsules break the blood-brain barrier?  Dose?
        4.  What about any clinical trials?  Will I be ruled out if I start drugs
now?

I could go on, but I'm sure you know my primary needs right now.  Thanks so
much for being what I observe as a quite upbeat and helpful resource.

Bob