Hi, Bob and welcome!

My husband was diagnosed in Jan.  I found two books on PD at a bookstore and
bought them both.  One of them said, "read read read" about the disease, and
I took it seriously.  My library will order anything in its 25-member network
that I request, and when the network doesn't own the book, one of the
libraries will buy it.  So I've had access to a lot of stuff.  I don't have
answers for you -- my husband was started on Sinemet CR and has had a very
bad time with gas and diarrhea, as folks on this list know.  They've been
really helpful about it.  He's also on Eldepryl and seems to be doing well
with that.  His worst symptom is the tremor in his right hand (he's
right-handed, natch).  He thinks it has gotten better since he began the
medication.  I can't tell.  (Well, it's his hand, after all.)

I'll leave the suggestions about medications to the folks with more
experience.  But I will say I've found it tremendously helpful to "read read
read" about PD.  This list has been just fantastic, too.

Best wishes,

Delda White ([log in to unmask])