-Hi Bob, welcome!!!! I am the CG (caregiver) for Mel 75/11 (75 yrs, parkinson
11 years).  When Mel was first presenting symptoms (not swinging his right
arm, shuffling some, and bent forward from the waist upward) - we saw a
neurologist (referral that we asked for from his interist.  The neuro gave
him an hour of her time in a very through exam, said we'd wait 3 months to
see how fast he progressed.  Well, in three months he stopped shaving
regularly, etc. just too much trouble.
She put him on Sinemet 25/100 and I have forgotten the agonist she gave at
that time.  From beginning she gave him antioxidants (Vit E 800mg 8am and 12
noon and Vit C 8am)  He improved immediately but did have hallucinations in
the beginning esp. at night.
Now he takes Sinemet CR 50/200 4Xdaily, Permex 1 or 1/2 (total 5 in 4 doses),
Elderpryl 8am and 12 noon.  His handwriting was poor in beginning and has
progressively gotten smaller and smaller.  His mind is sharp as a tack, keeps
me reminded of things I forget.
We hope you the best.  Call right away and get on the mailing list of the
National Parkinson Foundation.  They send a quarterly publication that is
excellent.  The toll free number is 1-800-327-4545.  Florida 1-800-433-7022,
California 1-800-8448
Miami (305) 547-6666, Los Angeles 1-981-2233.   On the internet
htt://www.parkinson.org/
IYU  Mary U [log in to unmask]