CAROL, you said
>shingles can be cured by taking large doses
>of the amino acid L-lysine.

>Start by taking one 1,000 mg tablet every hour. If that does
>not alleviate the symptoms up the dosage or time interval.
It can't do any harm.

Do you know this for a fact?  That seems to me to be an extraordinarily
high dose of L-lysine for anyone to be taking... Do you know if the
L-lysine would interact in any way with antiparkinson's medication?

I think a bit of research would be useful here.  Does anyone know the
answers to these questions... Kathrynne Holden perhaps?

I do have a friend with PD who has had shingles recently, so i would very
much like to know how and if the regular medication for shingles affects
the PD medicaition.

Thanks
Joy Graham