M E SANFORD wrote:

> JERRY    I TAKE ELDEPRYL SINCE DIAG DEC 1994 AND I DID NOT RESPOND TO
> SINEMET  IT ONLY CAUSED NAUSEA AND A "WEIRD" FEELING.  DIDN'T SEE ANY
> DIFF IN PD WITH OR WITHOUT IT. I HAVE NOW ADDED SYMMETREL AND LIKE IT
> WHAT HAPPENS DOWN THE ROAD TO PWP THAT DON'T RESPOND TO THE SINEMET????
>
> MARY E SANFORD
        Mary:  You don't say what your symptoms were when diagnosed, but there
is the possibility that you don't have PD. Other conditions resemble PD
and it is very difficult to diagnose. You might want to get another
opinion on the Dx. There is also the possibility that there are
different forms of PD, and you have one that doesn't respond to
Sinamet.  The new dopamine agonists (Pramipexole & Ropinerol) show
promise in working by themselves (or at least without Sinamet).....
Jerry Starr