Just now on C-Span there is a segment with Dr. Tom Ferguson, author of
a book called "Health Online", who is discussing many resources and
especially the new US gov. website "Healthfinder" which will be announced this
morning.  The address is:(www.healthfinder.gov)He spoke about the wide variety
of resources, including not only the websites but also discussion groups
like ours, chat rooms (HI Barb!)  and I thought of our member John Walker
 who informs us of these--and who probably knows all about "Healthfinder"
already!  :-)
I was interested that he stated there are quite a number of *younger* docs
who want to use email with their patients, and a LARGE number of patients who
would welcome this. He also is involved in a group studying ways to
implement doc/patient e-mail, define areas where it can be used safely, etc.
Looks like we're in the vanguard, folks, with our two lists, and all the PD
websites that have been set up.  The Healthfinder site seems to me(a non-webbie
 at present) to be pretty impressive, and will even include ways to find a
doc for a specific problem, a support group, etc. etc. etc.
I'm sure folks will be checking it out, and perhaps Barb might include
information about it in her introductory message to new members here?  (BUT
the day we can get Peter's neuro to use email,will really be a "red-letter"
day on our calendar!)

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter, 78/7, Oxford,Ohio
"Ask me about the CARE list for PD caregivers!"