My husband, 65/1, came down with shingles over Mem. Day weekend almost 2
years ago.  He almost certainly had PD then, but we didn't know it.  The
shingles were in his left eye and on that side of his face.  The eye dr.
missed the diagnosis on the first visit, which delayed appropriate treatment
by about 5 days -- no (permanent) damage resulted, thank goodness.  My
husband was put on Zovirax, which worked very well, plus a regimen of eye
drops that we had to keep up for over a year.  My husband had pain, but it
abated fairly quickly.  Good luck.  Delda White ([log in to unmask])