My father-in-law has Parkinson's.  I posted once before to this group.
He's having problems with orthostatic hypotension (low blood pressure upon
standing).  He has recently added Proamatine to the medications he's taking
(sinemet, elderpryl, and florinef acetate).  This Proamatine was added
specifically because it's supposed to raise blood pressure, according to
his doctor.

I was wondering if anyone else is taking this medication, and what their
experiences are with it.  If you're taking it, is it also for orthostatic
hypotension, or for other reasons.  Also, is anyone aware of any research
done on it?  I know that's a vague question, but my mother-in-law was
wondering. We're all concerned about my father-in-laws frequent bouts with
dizziness and almost passing out.  It's gotten to the point where he's
housebound much of the time.  I haven't noticed this problem being
mentioned in this group, so I'm assuming it's pretty rare.

Thanks so much for any information/experiences.  I'm so impressed with the
level of knowledge in this group!

Jackie