My Dad was turned down for an insurance policy because of high sugar
levels in his blood; he would not see a doctor so I'm not sure of his
diagnosis (he lived for about five years after that; died of a stroke at
66).  However, my mother's family is full of adult onset diabetes: some
of my grandmother's siblings and cousins, my grandmother herself, one of
my uncles, two of my aunts, one of whom had four, possibly all five
children with it and one also with AD.  We're all spread out, so I
either never met or saw/see the 25 first cousins often enough to know if
the rest of them developed a/o diabetes.  My Mom didn't have it , nor did
my brother; so far neither do I.

Kathy Kunz