> From: Heather Elizabeth Baird <[log in to unmask]>
> Date: Tuesday, 22 April 1997 10:01
>
> If I forget to take my Sinemet at Supper, I find, that I do not
> remember my dreams the next morning.  Yet, when I take my Sinemet
> dose at supper, I remember vividly the nights entertainment.

Parkinson's must be the most idiosyncratic and baffling of ailments!

In my case, I have to balance the need to wake in the morning with enough
L-dopa left to get up, take pre-breakfast tablets (non-PD, and first
Sinemet), have breakfast, and take the rest of my cocktail of medications.
I also have to be sufficiently mobile at bedtime to undress, wash, etc.,
and to be active enough to get into bed, find a position that is both
comfortable and therapeutic, and think pleasant thoughts to drift off.

If I took a full Sinemet, or Sinemet CR, I would inevitably wake about
2.30-4.00am, and find it very difficult, if not impossible, to get back to
sleep.  Then the heebie-jeebies start.  Problems of the day, future
problems, thoughts of what the future holds, etc.

If I have too big a break (say, in excess of 10 hours) between my evening
and morning medications, I find it very difficult to get going in the
morning, and, as I still work, that can be worrying.

Who says PWP's don't have fun?  :-)

Jim