^^^^^^GREETINGS  FROM^^^^^^^^^^
Ivan Suzman  47/10   [log in to unmask]
Portland, Maine   land of lighthouses   45  deg. F
Dear Listmembers,

    Just a brief note this morning to let all of you know that,so far, 37
of us have responded to my question, DO YOU HAVE A DIABETIC RELATIVE??.

    I am hoping for at least 100 responses to make our self- survey
somewhat more worthwhile, since this is not a scientific sampling
procedure. So, PLEASE ADD YOUR RESPONSE if you can manage.

    PLEASE RESPOND WHETHER YOU HAVE A DIABETIC RELATIVE OR NOT.
I will POST the results once 70 or so answers have  come in, or when

    THERE DOES SEEM TO BE A MATERNAL (X-chromosome?) pattern.

    Also, by "RELATIVE" I should have specified: grandmother,
grandfather,, mother, father, aunt (mother's or father's sister), uncle
(mother's or father's brother),. sister, brother, son, daughter,
granddaughter, grandson, niece or nephew.

    TRY to remember to indicate if your relative is maternal or paternal
(for example, "my maternal aunt") so that we know if the diabetes may
have come through your mother's or father's side of your families.

    I WILL RE-POST THE ORIGINAL POST SEPARATELY, IF THERE IS A NEED.

    Thank you for participating in what I hope will be an enlightening
survey for all of us.

     Ivan Suzman

     P.S.  Mary Yost, thank you for the hopeful news about David's
pallidotomy.

.