For mirc the following is the procedure to get to #parkinsons.

Logon to a server. The choice of server is up to you but
eventually you will find one that you can get onto fairly easy and
where the lag time is usually not so bad.

After loging on onto a server you will see the server's logon message.
It consists of some dos and do nots and some other usefill stuff.

type the following command.

/join #parkinsons

Just as i have it up there.  Leave off the word join and I have no idea
where you may wind up *grin*

Marvin Giles