Dennis Greene 47/10 [log in to unmask] wrote some words to
emphasize:

<<<It is not easy to come out of hiding but finding hiding places
consumes a great deal of energy which I would rather employ
fighting PD. It has been my experience that 'opening up' has
given me an informal community based 'support group' of people
who are part of the positive forces in my life.>>>

Dennis,  It is also not necessary to go into hiding when we become ill.
Few of us are proud of our self in all aspects, but the healthiest
attitude is precisely that.  It requires that one learn what is best to
do and then act in the best way to have achieved that pinnacle of living
well.  Reality for most, if not all, is less than perfection in seeking
to understand - know - what is best -> then doing our best. but our
psyche is "ill" until it reaches that peak experience. Openness is
"having no shell to get out of and no wall or shell to prevent others
from knowing us" - healthy even when the body becomes worn-out in some
parts - if the psyche is tuned into being part of the community with all
we meet.  Helping our "self" and "others" (psyches not "me" but "us") is
part of becoming and then being alive.

thank you for your message.

my best wishes to all.
--
ron      1936, dz PD 1984  Ridgecrest, California
Ronald F. Vetter <[log in to unmask]>