Aan 19-4-97 22:46, in bericht <[log in to unmask]>,
Robert Thomas <[log in to unmask]> schreef:

> I am a 50 year old with PD for four years,on meds for one and a half years,
> having big problem with end of dose wearing off and dystonia, especially in
> the evening and first thing in am. I have not had good luck with Eldepryl,
> Permax,(side effects intolerable). I am currently using Sinemet 25/100 ; one
> Sinemet CR plus 0ne-two regular Sinemet at 7 am, then about one and a half to
> two regular Sinemet every three tofour hours. Any suggestions??? Also any one
> had problems with MSG induced dystonia after Chinese food???

Thomas,

The problem of wearing off symptoms (dystonia or dystonia+dyskinesia) are
discussed elaborately on this list some months ago. This is why I send this
posting not to the list. If you wish so, and let me know, I'll forward some of
the postings about this difficult problem.

It is especially difficult because the great majority of Park's don't have
these reactions and in the writings about PD it doesn't get much attention. The
wearing off symptoms are easily misinterpreteted as simply "off" symptoms. That
can cause overmedication because having off symptoms does mean symply you need
a new med's intake. Wearing off symptoms can be very heavy when one is
structurally overmedicated.

One thing is however the same for those who have on and off reactions an those
with on and wearing off and off reactions: the intake of sinemet has to be
equally divided over the day especially when the disease is no longer in his
first phase. Sin. regular has an effective time of about 2 ours, sin C