Jim S....

Many thanks for the useful suggestions, Jim!   I've utilized all the Win 95
"accessibility options" (such as they are) and also have DragonDictate as I
stated in my original message.

I've seen a number of other programs such as those ya suggested in the many
mail-order catalogs I have, and am in awe of the vast number of 'em that are
available for the handicapped 'puter user.

Of all available to me, I felt a voice-to-text program such as DragonDictate
would be the most useful for me, but have found myself fighting using it.  If
I was REALLY honest with myself, I'd admit that I just want to suddenly KNOW
how to use it, rather than have to take the time to LEARN it.... Education by
mental osmosis? <smile>

I find that my mind positively SCREEEEEAMS when confronted with virtually
ANYTHING related to learning a computer program from a technical manual.  I
mentally 'zone out" when confronted by an Microsoft manual, and immediately
buy one of the "Dummies" series (blush).  The problem is that as an employee
of MSN, we're working with alpha-beta test programs that don't even HAVE
formal manuals yet, and I have no natural instinct as to how to use a new
program.

This means I'm also confronted with a new set of mouse/keyboard commands
rather frequently, and some of those I've become used to using are no longer
in use <sigh>  I don't have a chance to LEARN a program before it's either
modified or GONE and this drives me simply wacko 'cause it places me back into
square one again.  I cannot express to you how frustrating and mentally
draining this is!

So this isn't TOTALLY a "mouse problem," rather it's a
mouse-aggravating-a-shoulder-problem, PLUS mental discomfort when using the
mouse and trying to learn new programs and program updates all the time.   The
latter cause me to always be tense when using the mouse, and the tenseness
aggravates the shoulder a lot.

As I reread this I don't know if nay of it is making sense or not, but I
actually feel MENTALLY disabled as well as physically disabled to a certain
extent.

Barb Mallut

riginal Message-----