Barb Mallut,

>I'm going to go ahead and get the collagen injections

I look forward to hearing how this goes.  I have circulated the info on
collagen injections to our Speech Pathologists here in Western Australia.
it seems it was news to them.. Great if this is something else of value for
PWP.

I have some good news to share too.  Following the success of the Lee
Silverman Voice Treatment Workshops in Perth last September, when we
"trained" twelve speech pathologists in the technique, most major teaching
hospitals are now offering the course, and there is a waiting list.  Even
better, one of our smaller hospitals (Osborne Park Hospital) which has an
excellent geriatric rehabilitation centre and a huge interest in LSVT, have
just appointed a half time SP to do LSVT with PWP. We are all keeping our
fingers crossed that they can get a grant to make this an ongoing project
and buy more equipment. Our local Association has been instumental in
helping to get this going.  We CAN make a difference!
Anyone from WA can attend OPH for the LSVT, so if you are interested, call
the Speech Pathology department on 09 346 8129 to register your interest.

Incidentally, my husband is halfway through an LSVT course.  He is getting
better, and I find it sure helps to be able to be more relaxed with
conversations -- not always having to think  -- I am going to have to work
hard to interpret this, or ask him to repeat all the time.

Joy Graham (CG Bob, 57, 8yrs)