Here's the text of a letter, dated April 14, that I got Saturday from Sam Brownback, KS:

        Thank you for contacting me with your support for S. 535, a bill to amend the Public Health Service Act to provide for the establishment of a program for research and training with respect to Parkinson's disease.  I appeciate you taking the time to share your views with me.

        S. 535, sponsored by Senator John McCain of Arizona, has been referred to the Labor and Human Resources Committee for consideration.  I, too, share your concern about this debilitating brain disease, and I want to make sure a cure is found.  I will be watching this legislation, as well as its House counterpart (HR 1260), as it is considered by the Labor Committee.  I will certainly Keep your support for the legislation in mind.

        Once again, thank you for taking the time to express your support for S. 535.  Please do not hesitate to contact me again in the future.

                                Sincerely,

                                Sam Brownback
                                United States Senator

SB:dl

I'm encouraged that there's no mention of earmarking!

Mary