Bob, I was also diagnosed early at the age of 44(7years ago). My neuro put me
on sinemet immediately and Eldepryl. I could have probably delayed some but
remeber teh problem with our brain is that we dddo not produce dopamine sso
we need some sinemet to avoid large aamounts of damage to nerve pathways. I
probably shoulsd have been put on less then maybe I would respond to it
better now. I was able to work 6 years after diagnosis but then I began to
not have good rsponses to the sinemet-lots of off  and ons. By this winter I
had become so stiff on my left I had to use a walker and became homebound.  I
was progressing to the right side also with stiffness. So I had a unilateral
pallidomitty to relieve stiffness on the left. I still take
sinemet to heeelp with right side but I am having a hard time findiing an
antidepressant thaat will work without side effects.  The best thing is to
get with a neuro who specializes in movement disorders. I do not know where
you are but he NPF out of Miami can give you some sites of PD excellence for
doctors. Their web site isss ww.parkinsson.org/  They will send you
informaion.  I hope yoou will find a loved one or friends to help you through
the next few years. A caregiver is so important.  Let me know if I can give
you more info.  [log in to unmask]