Gail asked:
"My question is ...is this familiar to anyone? ...Is a frozen shoulder a
symptom of Parkinsons? Does anyone know any sucessful treatments for frozen
shoulder?"

  About the same time that I first noticed my Parkie tremor eight years ago I
also developed a frozen shoulder.  No doctor suggested any connection, but I
read a report in one of the PD newsletters shortly after that that said that
20% of the PWP have a frozen shoulder as a precursor.
   The doctor did prescribe some exercises which were a bit painful at first.
 The directions included taking Advil about a half-hour before exercising,
icing the shoulder for ten-fifteen minutes before exercising and carrying out
that routine three times a day.  I could tell in a few weeks that the
shoulder was loosening up.  I did this faithfully for about three months and
have not had a problem since.
Joan (56/8)