> From: Barbara Mallut <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Hallucination
> Date: Tuesday, 22 April 1997 5:25
>
> Since the advent of PD, I almost never dream - at least ones I can
remember...
> And on the rare occasion that I DO dream now, it's often rather like a
> nameless, faceless (unlike my pre-PD dreams) mass of harshly colored
blotches-
> somehow threatening and sinister.

Baird
> Maybe I am wrong, but it seems to me, that I have always had
> dreams.  It is just that, before Parkinsons, I did not remember
> my dreams, but after Parkinsons, I remember my dreams when I
> awake.  Is this the case with anyone else?
> Billy Baird ([log in to unmask])

At the beginning of my treatment, I had vivid nightmares, and "nameless
fears" for some time after waking.  I also had day-time "panic attacks".
In my case these were controlled with Sinequan (Doxepin hydrochloride).

My doctor explained to me that because the products of the medication had
to reach the brain, and because the chemicals were fat soluble, and could
be stored in the brain, some degree of bad side-effects could be expected.
The degree to which they affected any particularly person depended on such
things as the person's psychological make-up, among other things.

The Sinequan removes the waking fears. A double dose at night generally
gets me off to sleep, and I am unaware of dreams, if any.

Just another PWP symptom, and yet another tablet!  :-(

Jim (57/12)