My mother has been diagnosed with Parkinsons for about five years. She is 70
years old.  They live in Montreal and I live in suburban New York City.  I
have a computer and got on this list, they don't have a computer and are
depending on me for any information I am downloading.

My father is my mother's caregiver and, frankly, he feels overwhelmed.  She
is taking Sinemet(sp?) and she does not show much physical reaction. A slight
tremor in her hand, stiffness so she has to get help getting off chair.

They main problem she has is the hallucination.  She is speaking to people in
the mirror.  She does not recognize my father and she is now getting to the
point that, sometimes, she doesn't recognize herself.  She continues to have
vivid dreams which wakes her up several times a night and she then makes my
father take her to the bathroom.

My father states that he is receiving no help from the doctors he is going
to.  He will go into the office armed with information and medications that
he has heard from myself or from others who are suffering from PD and the
doctor then writes that prescription.  It sounds to me like the tail wagging
the dog.

He is finally at this wits end, and depressed, but when I suggest he get into
a support group either for himself or my mother he won't.  I'm putting this
down to the depression he feels.

I can load him up with all sorts of information, but I don't see where it
will help him deal with the day to day problems.  If anyone can give some
advice.  It will be more gratefully accepted.

Thanks
Freda Kreiner