seese wrote:

> A      Someome in your area will surely know a good Neurologist with
> knowledge of PD. You are correct, medications can cause all kinds of
> problems. Good luck to you.  Thea Seese CG for Gordon

Australia finally screened the 20/20 programme at 5.45 this morning.
Not a big viewing audience unfortunately. It would appear many people
have confused VIM stimulation for the tremor, with the Deep Brain
Stimulation or DBS, which is bi-lateral with the prime target being the
sub thalamic nucleus or the globus palidus.  Professor Benabid will be
here from next week to instruct a local team in the performance of this
operation and I am pleased to be one of the recipients.  Although
pallidotomies are performed here the results appear to be quite mixed.
With the medication giving me very limited control at 50 I feel it's
worth a shot if it gives me a bit more time.
I have to say thanks to 20/20 for giving me more confidence in what is
ahead.

Peter Dawkins