I was an insurance investigator for some 25 years.  Long Term
Disability Insurance Policies usually have a clause in them that
states that you are eligible for benefits as long as you are
unable to perform all of your normal work duties. My experience
is that many claimants get 'cut off' disability benefits because
their condition improves to a point where they can again do some
of their normal working duties.  Long Term Disability is just
that, benefits for the long term that you are disabled, unable to
work.  It is not to be claimed by those who are capable of work.
Billy Baird ([log in to unmask])