At 11:41 PM 4/23/97 -0400, you wrote:
>I am curious. With all the "just around the corner cures" for Parkinsons,
>what would happen if a person qualifies for disability payments, on a private
>insurance policy, and a few months later, gets totally cured of PD, and is
>able to perform the old job, etc. Would it be legal to continue to collect
>payments?  Hopefully this question will be relevant in the near future!

Ken,

Such a question would be a welcome change.  To answer your question,
disabiiity insurance payments should end with a return to
goodhealth/employability in a line
of employment to which you are suited by training, education, or experience.
The actual wording varies by insurance company to some extent.  Some say
ability to perform some duties of employment...

Will Johnston, PhD with dissertation in insurance: Chartered Life Underwriter,
MA with thesis in health insurance, Charterd Property & Casualty
Underwriter, former university insurance professor, one on disability with
PD [and some cardiac problems thrown in for bad luck]
And here's to long "ons" and short "offs"

WILL JOHNSTON   4049 OAKLAND SCHOOL ROAD
                SALISBURY, MD 21804-2716
                410-543-0110
Pres A.P.D.A.  DelMarVa Chapter