On Fri 25 Apr, Heather Elizabeth Baird wrote:
> Would, perhaps, diet have anything to do with the side affects of
> medication?  That, is, could you find the dosage that is right
> for you, then change your diet or eating habits, and find that
> the dosage is no longer correct?
> Billy Baird ([log in to unmask])

Hello Billy,
            A change of diet could certainly affect the amount of levodopa
required, and if you are trying to analyse your basic requirement, diet is
yet another complicating factor.  What I do, is concentrate on those areas
of the day when food is not affecting the data, sort that out, and then
look at the area affected byt food. That way, I get a measure of the effect
of each meal.

Subtleties like this only become of important if you are pushing the levodopa
therapy to its limit. I have been using Sinemet or equivalents for 17 years,
and it's getting quite tricky, but with PD, you do what you have to do.
   This raises a key point that you should always bear in mind: When people
recount some event that has happened to them, you need to check the age and
time since PD was diagnosed, to that the events can be put into context.

And if you do all that, and still can't understand what is going on: Join the
club - It's a contrary disease, Parkinsons!!
--
Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>