----------
> Fra: LISA CRUMRINE <[log in to unmask]>
> Til: Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN <[log in to unmask]>
> Emne: Re: Acupuncture
> Dato: 27. april 1997 07:28
>
> [log in to unmask] wrote:
> >
> > My wife just returned from an acupuncturist for plantar fasciitis (heel
> > spurs) where she claimed relief of her discomfort. She suggest I try
it for
> > my PD. Has anyone had any experience with acupuncture? I question the
> > benefit, however before I decide I thought I ask for the wisdom of
someone
> > who has walked the walk.
> > Thanks,
> > Jim Ryan
> > 57/7
> I have had several accupuncture experiences. Treatments for headaches
> (didnt do much) treatment for shoulder pain (worked great) and anti
> smoking treatments (helped , but unsuccessful) as far as pd goes, i
> didnt really notice any sig. changes...
> lisa in paradise

Hello Jim Ryan.
I have tried acupuncture 1 1/2 years ago.The lady who treated me was a
nurse and her husband a neurologist, and they had a very close
co-operation. Before I started the treatments and after 3 times Mr.
Andersen examined me and he was so fair to tell me to stop, because in my
case it wouldn`t help.
One the other hand one of our older PWP had benefit of the treatments, and
it was great, because she tolerated absolutely nothing of the med. e.g.
Madopar or Sinemet.
It`s so dfifficult to advise, because we suffering of PD, but it doesn`t
harme to try.
Best regards
Sonia Nielsen

NEVER GIVE UP