>Medtronics which has gained fame as the leading
>designer and manufacturer of cardiac pacemakers
>has successfully launched an implantable device
>similar to their cardiac defibrillator which, when
>implanted with one part in the chest and a wire
>running into the brain, will temporarily stop
>tremors on command.

This surgery is being done every six weeks in our local hospital in
Scotland.
John Humphries, a member of Fife Branch of PDS UK, had a pacemaker inserted
in February.
John had severe tremors in both hands. The wire was placed in the left side
of his brain. The tremor in his right hand has stopped.
John has no email address. If anyone would like more information, John can
have access to our computer

Best wishes to all
Jean and Mel Ballantyne