> From: Elizabeth Leslie <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Fugue state
> I'm glad to hear someone mention this problem.  I know it well.  I've
> always said I'm a procrastinator, but I think the problem has been more
> pronounced this last 10-12 years, and now I begin to see that it is
> intrinsically related to PD-induced difficulties with initiating.  I
don't
> see much in the literature I've encountered to suggest that initiation is
> as much a cogniitive problem as it is a motor problem in PD.  But I'd be
> interested to hear what others think.

My experiences with our research group indicate that what often appears
from the "outside" to be a trance-like or catatonic state, are, from the
"inside", either fugues, or over-active mental states, with accelerated
thought patterns, but no motor activity.

Sort of like revving your motor in neutral.  :-)

Unfortunately, PD is little known amongst GP's, and what *is* known is
often up to twenty years out-of-date.  :-(

Stay well,

Jim