We also are very interested in this.   Margaret, when asked what she was
thinking during an apparently catonic episode, can only reply "nothing".
 The kind of episode that concerns us is a period of inattention such that
her electric scooter can  veer off the footpath.
Not so much 'revving the motor in neutral'  as failing to have the mind in
the right gear.
Indeed, with hindsight, we can see that it was this kind of inattention
rather than simple motor problems (if you will pardon the pun), that led to
her relinquishing her driving license perhaps 12 years ago.

To us, the term fugue, with its repetitive musical connotations,  well
describes the condition which seems to impede the transition from
automacity to conscious action.

Mark,
(cg for Margaret, 65/27 yrs)

Mark  Atyeo
51 Alexander Mackie Circuit
Isaacs,  2607  Australia
+61 6 286 2606
Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like an apple.