Barbara Mallut wrote, among much else:

   <To make our job of educating the world a LOT easier, how about a badge that
   <just lets it all hang out and has "Parkinson's Disease" on it, with a small
   <red circle-with-a-line-thru-it?

Frankly. Barb, I am not that hot on the idea of advertising.
It seems to me too pushy.

Our support group has had some success selling a small, silver, lapel pin in the
same shape as the well-known AIDS ribbon,
People recognize the ribbon. It has been adopted for other medical causes as
well.
They come up and ask and that gives you an entry to tell them about PD.
Not pushy and plenty informative.
My support group is
< The Dallas Area Parkinsonism Society.
<  3003 LBJ Suite 128-E
<  Dallas,  TX 75234
<  (972) 620-7600

We don't have a Web page, or a E-mail address, but I'll be happy to be a
go-between.
My sweet wife and CG is a member of the board.

Will

Will A. Kuipers             ( 76 / dx '91 )