Per my original message regarding a PD badge or pin, I've talked with the
promo rep who I've used in the past for my business.  After getting a cost
breakdown from her I called the "American Parkinson's Disease Assoc." to find
out if they'd fund the the purchase of the badges for us, and was told that
they have their own "American Parkinson's Disease" pin with the motto "To ease
the pain to find a cure" on it which they'll be selling in the US soon. (and
to heck with the rest of the world's Parkies?) <sheeeesh... how narow minded!>

Here's the information on a 1 1/2 in. x 1/2 in. pin/badge:

Design:   White background, black text reading "Parkinson's Disease," overlaid
by an approx. 1/2 in. x 1/2 in. red-circle-with-a-lline-in-it.  There's a
clear epoxy coating on the top pin which adds dimension and also protects the
design from scratches.

Cost:

1000 pins @ $1.30 each (US funds) = $1300, plus a $100 "dye fee,"  MINUS a
$130 discount from the promo rep because her grandpa had PD.

2500 pins @ $1.20 each (US funds) = $2200, plus a $100 "dye fee," MINUS a $220
discount from the promo rep.

The above does not include shipping and postage charges to YOU should we get
the initial purchase of the pins funded by a person or entity.  Because of
that, the end-user cost of the pins must somewhere in the $4 to $5 range, I'd
think

IN addition, while I'll be happy to take care of ordering pins/badges from the
promo company, I cannot devote the time it would take to send out the pins to
the end user, or to do the banking or otherwise handle the monies received for
the pins due to a heavy work schedule.   Once I do the initial ordering and
take receipt of the pins (presuming funding was made available), I would have
to pass them on to a person or group who would need to see to the disbursment
of pins. etc.

SOOOOO....  there ya have it!

Barb Mallut