To answer your query about dietary antioxidants- The article in
question reports a statistical survey of long-term food habits in
57 PD patients and 50 healthy controls. Other research on the
protective value of vitamin E has had mixed results. A plausible
reason for faiure of vitamin E to protect where other antioxidants
such as selegiline can apparently do so is that vitamin E doesn't
pass the blood-brain barrier. But a recent paper (also cited in
CSR May 97) reporting a controlled trial of vitamin E in Alzheimer's
patients says that it did protect. IMHO, vitamin E supplement is
probably not a bad thing in general (it seems to speed healing of
minor cuts and scratches); but for effect on PD, the jury's still
out. Cheers,
Joe

J. R. Bruman (818) 789-3694
3527 Cody Road