Allan,

        Two ways, place the cursor at the starting point, press the primary mouse
button and start dragging the mouse downward (assuming that the starting
point is at the top of the selection; reverse things if at the bottom) past
the bottom of the application's window,  It should scroll automatically.
If the highlighted selection scrolls too quickly and passes by the stopping
point, use the second method described below.  The second is to place the
cursor at the starting point, hold down the shift key, and then press the
down arrow key until you hit the end point of the selection.  Given the
"5-page limit" you can also press the Page Down key until close to the end
of the selection, then use the arrow keys which allow for greater control.
This assumes that you are using applications that follow Windows standards
or, now-a-days, preferences.  :-})

Jeff