Barbara Patterson has welcomed me to the list and invited me to introduce
myself.

I am Deanne Charlton, a massage therapist for 20 years, with a 73-year old
father (Frank) who has been diagnosed Parkinsons for 6-7 years (time passes
when you're having tremors).  He does well on his medication and supplemental
nutrients, although his chronic obstructive pulmonary disease slows him down
quite a bit.  I have been living with my parents since last summer in order
to take care of them.  We all have senses of humor, which is one of the most
essential tools for dealing with "it all."

I am sure I will be sharing quotations and jokes and real life funnies with
this group.  I know I'll laugh, weep, furrow my brow and have epiphanies.  I
have some professional expertise in dealing with PD, and contacts that may be
fruitful for people on the list.  We'll find out.  It is always acceptable to
me for people to email me directly.

Minnie Pearl said it best:  "I'm just so proud to be here!"

Deanne Charlton ([log in to unmask])