Dear members,

Well, I have hit my lowest point in my Parkinson's life. Are you ready for
one hell of a sad story?
Last week Sunday the 20th of April I got up feeling Okay. Then I began to
feel a little nauseous, and had to lie down. My mother (C/G) took my
temperature, it was 102.4.
Pass it off as a flu bug, rest the remainder of the day. Wake up next
morning, again feeling okay. Back side (skin) a little irratated. Father
takes a look at it, says "What the hell?" Mom comes home from work, takes me
to the E.R. No doubt about it, it's shingles. Prescribed some famvir and
percaset (SP?) for the pain. Come home from the hospital, work my way up the
steps as I normally do, then as soon as I have both feet in the door, begin
to fall backwards out the door, down the steps, and onto the sidewalk. Well
to make a long story just a bit shorter, I fractured three bones in my face,
had to have reconstructive surgery to pull my cheek bone out. But hey, good
news, they caught the shingles in time. They're almost gone.

Jake (26,88)