Hi Jim, you wrote:

>In my "off" times, I can seem to "freeze" mentally at the computer,
>starting or continuing something less important than what I *need* to be
>doing, and not seeming to be able to stop it.  I think this is called a
>"fugue state".

I'm glad to hear someone mention this problem.  I know it well.  I've
always said I'm a procrastinator, but I think the problem has been more
pronounced this last 10-12 years, and now I begin to see that it is
intrinsically related to PD-induced difficulties with initiating.  I don't
see much in the literature I've encountered to suggest that initiation is
as much a cogniitive problem as it is a motor problem in PD.  But I'd be
interested to hear what others think.

By the way, since I started on Amantadine/Symmetrel and responded so very
well to it, I am getting on with heaps of work that was just lying about
all over the place defeating me before.

Beth Leslie