> Then again, I have a colleague (good at policing racist/sexist
> language in his teaching) who, after many drinks, calls all
> his feminist friends "c__ts" (See, I can't even write it - I find it
> so offensive). This issue is not exclusive to teenagers.

Interesting, if peculiar.  One of my classes managed once to make it very
clear to me that, while I could use all sorts of "dirty" words in quotes
as examples, they didn't want to hear the one you can't write, even in
quotes, even as an example to be analyzed.  A number of the women said
that hearing that word, even in quotes, would upset them so much they
would not be able to concentrate on the class.

Rick